ANDOVER – The Andover Schools are now taking applications for Early Childhood and Pre-K programs within USD 385.
All Early Childhood & Pre-K classes run 4 days a week, Monday-Thursday. The morning session is from 8:35-11:35 a.m., the afternoon session is 12:35-3:35 p.m. We do not have all day Pre-K, nor do we allow parents to enroll their child into both the morning and afternoon sessions.
See below for a summary of the programs available.
Students must turn 4 years old by August 31st. The students eligible for this program must meet one of the following criteria:
- Parent was a teenager at the time of child’s birth
- Lives in a single parent household
- Limited English Proficiency
- Meets criteria for Federal free lunch program
- Developmental Delay (as determined by assessment)
- Parent(s) does not have High School degree or GED
This program is Kansas grant funded and has 45 spots available.
Fee Based Pre-Kindergarten
The purpose of the Fee-Based Pre-Kindergarten Program is to provide a high quality, school based early learning program for preschool aged children who are not eligible for the State Pre-Kindergarten program or Early Childhood Special Education program in the Andover School District. Details in reference to this program are as follows:
- The Fee-Based Pre-Kindergarten program will be offered at a rate of $250 per month.
- Students must be 4 years old as of August 31, 2016 for the 2016-17 school year and must reside in the Andover School District.
Fee Based Pre-K applications are due by Feb. 19, 2016.
Early Childhood Special Education
Andover Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) is designed for children 3 to 5 years of age who qualify for services in areas such as communicating, learning, hearing, seeing, moving, or socializing, as well as peer models who assist with children with special needs.
If you have concerns with your child in areas of cognition, motor, social, behaviors, adaptive/self help or speech skills, the first step is to have your child attend a “Count Your Kid In” screening (CYKI). For more information please call (316) 322-4800 to arrange a screening or click on the link to view the schedule for Butler County and Andover School District.
- The child must reside in the Andover School District or have a parent who is employed by the district.
- Parents of peer model students are responsible for their child’s transportation to and from the school or may contact the Transportation Department to arrange transportation.
- Your child must be three years, six months by September 1, 2016 and be potty trained to qualify.
- Child must pass the screening in areas of: language, pre-academics, social, self-help, fine motor, and gross motor skills.
Peer Model applications are due by Feb. 19, 2016