Local News

ACHS Evacuated After Failed Science Experiment

 

Andover Central High School was evacuated after smoke began to fill the hallways this morning. Initial reports were that a smoke bomb had been set off by a student, but it turns out, the mishap was due to a science experiment gone wrong. The class project ended up sending non-toxic smoke billowing through the campus, forcing school officials to move students to a nearby middle school.

Class has resumed at the high school, although parents were given the option to take their children home.

 

Most Popular

AndoverLeader.Com is Andover and East Wichita's premiere online news source. We're proud to be your new home for news, weather, and sports. Call (316) 778-0305 for more information! 2016 Andover Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year

© Copyright 2015 by Great Plains Digital Media. All rights reserved.

To Top