Courtesy of Andover School District
Greater Andover Days (GAD) is 50 and Fabulous this year as it celebrates its 50th anniversary! GAD is a four-day festival that offers fun, food and entertainment for the entire family. Over 5,000 people attend annually. The festival includes a food court, KidFest, hot dog eating contest, parade, fishing clinic, car show, business expo/craft fair, carnival, ice cream social, live entertainment and a fireworks show in Central Park.Admission to the festival is covered through the purchase of a GAD button, which are available for sale at local retailers. Children 5 and under are free.
GAD events are located within the Andover Central Park at 1607 E. Central, unless otherwise indicated on the schedule.Andover Public Schools in Concert at Central Park will be from 5 – 8 p.m. on Thursday in the Central Park Gazebo.
The schedule is:
• 5 p.m. – Andover Central High School Jazz Band
• 5:45 p.m. – Andover High School Jazz Band
• 6:15 p.m. – Robert Martin Elementary Choir
• 6:35 p.m. – Meadowlark Elementary Choir
• 6:55 p.m. – Andover Middle School 6th Grade Choir
• 7:15 p.m. – Andover Central High School Choir
• 7:35 p.m. – Andover High School Choir