Earlier this week a group of Colombian soldiers physically accused an Indigenous girl who is only 13 years old. Prompting authorities to criminally charge the group of soldiers and removed them from the military service.
According to the reporters, Attorney General Francisco Barbosa Announced on Thursday that his office had charged six soldiers with physical abuse and seventh soldiers as an accomplice.
All seven soldiers were found guilty at an initial court hearing this week.
Barbose stated in the statement that the soldiers must be ashamed of their uniforms and the dignity of childhood in Colombia.
Authorities allege the physical accused on Monday after the victim had gone missing which caused great concern among the family members of the missing girl.
A spokesperson of the military, Col. Sandra Garcia said that the soldiers will not be provided any lawyers because the charges have no relation to their work as soldiers.
Colombian Gen. Eduardo Zapatero who leads Colombian soldiers, wrote that the attack does not represent the ethical conduct.
The Pastor said that this recent case was intended to send a message. She has been helping Indigenous girls around the county track and reported to the Police the sexual assault by the military.
The soldier will face 16 to 30 years in jail.