- Woman thief, 24, sentenced for 7 years of imprisonment.
- The woman allegedly tried to steal a wedding ring from a 75-year-old woman.
- She tried to bite the hand of the elderly woman.
- The theft was pre-planned, as reported by the officials.
- CCTV footage revealed the complete incident.
- After being arrested in April, the investigating was halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- On Monday, she was sentenced to serve 7 years behind bars.
A robber named Monique Roach, who is 24 years old, was jailed for seven years after she tried to steal a wedding ring of a 75 years old woman. During the robbery, Roach used her teeth as a weapon to bite the hand of the old woman.
According to the sources, on the 28th of March, the victim was at her house in Hackney, London, when she heard the doorbell at 11:30 AM. When she opened the door, she found Roach crying and asking for £10.
The old woman refused to give her money, then Roach bit her hand to steal the wedding ring. After getting the ring, she ran off. The victim informed her daughter and the daughter immediately called the Police.
Roach was captured on a nearby CCTV, and a forensic officer found her palmprints on the door, as the evidence. She was arrested on the 17th of April from Rendlesham Road and charged on the 29th of April.
The Police Officers investigated the case with a new strategy due to the pandemic situation. This was done due to two reasons; firstly, the victim was clinically vulnerable to the COVID-19 pandemic and secondly, to ensure that justice was served immediately so that the criminal could not offend further.
Roach was pleaded guilty at the first hearing and was sentenced in jail for 6 years. She also pleaded guilty for blackmailing. Roach was sentenced to jail in a total of 7 years on Monday at Wood Green Crown Court.
For More Updates Keep Reading….. Stay Tuned, Stay Updated