Money Heist premiered its first season on Spanish Television in 2017 and three years down the line, it has now become the most-watched non-English language series. The Spanish show has received immense popularity all over the world and in case you are a Money Heist fan then here’s a list of 6 things you ought to know about the show.
- After Season 1, its audience in season 2 fell drastically but Netflix came as a savior for the series and added it in its international catalog. It also made an improvement in the length of its episodes by re-cutting its original 15 episodes into 22 shorter and well-paced episodes. It then became the top viewed show in six countries including Brazil, Argentina, Chile, France, Portugal, and Italy.
- The show was not titled as La Casa De Papel initially. It was named Los Desahuciados (The Evicted) before debuting on Spanish network Antena 3 in 2017.
- Denver’s laughter that helps create light moments in the show was already termed as ‘trashy laughter’ in the script. Every actor gave it its own interpretation and finally, Jaime Lorente bagged the role with his distinctive interpretation.
- Tokyo was the first city name that was finalized during the early script meetings as director Alex Pina arrived at one such meeting wearing a T-shirt that had Tokyo written on it.
- The show was initially planned to be narrated by The Professor but later the filmmakers thought that it wouldn’t be a good idea to narrate one’s own plan and thus shifted to giving it to a female character.
- The cast and crew had no idea what was going to happen next as the show was written during the shoot wherein the actors had very little time to rehearse. They had to be sent mock videos to explain their camera movements.