The idea of selling candle with the tag of ‘This Smells Like My Vagina’ seems won’t make a success for Gwyneth Paltrow after a report came out the product in which a “This Smells Like My Vagina Candle” peddled by the actress reportedly exploded into flames in the living room of a UK woman who won product in a quiz.
The UK woman identified as the 50-year-old Jody Thompson said to the media that “The candle exploded and emitted huge flames, with bits flying everywhere”
“I’ve never seen anything like it. The whole thing was ablaze and it was too hot to touch. There was an inferno in the room,” she added.
Jody Thompson lived with her partner, David Snow and she said that after seeing the explosion they threw the flaming candle out of the front door.
“It could have burned the place down. It was scary at the time, but funny looking back that Gwyneth’s vagina candle exploded in my living room,” she said.
The product was launched by the 48-year-old celebrity Gwyneth Paltrow for a tag of $75 and a specialty of emitting her private scent in January 2020.
Information from the online store says that the scent includes mixtures of geranium, citrus bergamot, and cedar absolutes juxtaposed with Damask rose and ambrette seed.
Regarding the explosion, a Goop spokeswoman said that Jody Thompson’s candle wasn’t purchased through the outlet so they aren’t able to identify the authenticity of the product. Though, the manufacturer for the candles, Goop X Heretic Candles, has been certified by The National Candle Association of America and has been regulated that the candles made by the manufacturer follow all the safety guidelines and ASTM and CPSE fire safety protocols as well.
As a precaution, the manufacturer has alerted their product buyers and for Jody, they have reached out and sent her some of their goop products to help her pass the days in quarantine.