Residential dwellers of Bexar County in Texas had received an emergency message about COVID-19, insisting them to stay back at home and avoid mass gatherings.
On Saturday, the Bexar County, situated near San Antonio received this alert message since this county has reported a surging 795 new COVID positive case, adding up the tally to 9,652 total cases.
The alert message says— “STAY HOME. The COVID-19 virus is spreading rapidly across Bexar County. Local hospitals are approaching capacity.
Protect yourself and your family. Stay home except for essential activities, wear a face covering, and avoid gathering with people outside your household. STAY SAFE.”
Texas has witnessed a spike in coronavirus cases since the reopening.
However, seeing the condition worsening with time Gov. Abbott has put a halt on any further reopening plans, reported this week.
On Friday, Gov. Abbott ordered the bars to shut down again for the second time since the pandemic initiated. Changes in restaurant guidelines were also issued.
Now the restaurants will have to operate on 50% of its total capacity, instead of 75% as decided earlier.
Earlier this week on Tuesday, Gov. Abbott insisted Texas as a whole to stay home as much as possible, since the number of daily coronavirus cases reported is surging at its peak.
On KRIS-TV Abbott said, “People need to recognize this is a very swift-spreading virus, for which there is no vaccine.” “The safest place for you is at your home,” he added.